Owning Property on The Friendly Island
We know that buying a house or condo means a lot to you; a safe haven for you and your family or maybe an investment, and perhaps it is not your first and hopefully not your last. At Coldwell Banker St. Maarten, we ask the right questions and we listen so that we are able to define what you are looking for.
Owning a piece of paradise on the Friendly Island is easier than you think. Take these awesome tips into consideration:
- No yearly property taxes.
- No capital gains taxes when selling a property.
- A local Notary will take care of all legal obligations for both the Seller and the Buyer and organize the closing.
- Closing costs usually add up to a 1-time government tax (4%-5% of the purchase price), paid by Buyer.
- A Buyer doesn’t have to be physically present on St. Maarten for the closing. A ‘power of attorney’ can be given to the Notary.
- Profits can be earned by turning your property into a vacation rental.
- Local banks offer financing to locals and foreigners.
- Furnishing and personal belongings can be imported, duty free.
- Dutch St. Maarten is multicultural.
- It is currently a “Buyers’ Market” on St. Maarten!
If you have seen a property that you are interested in or if there is something special you are looking for, get in touch with us. We are ready to assist you!